Late Night Tales - The Cinematic Orchestra
If you need to know before ordering, contact us via @BanquetRecords on Twitter or send us an email email@example.com.
Tracklisting only details the LP version.
The aptly named Cinematic Orchestra (TCO) were formed by J. Swinscoe back in 1999. Swinscoe arrived at London with a background playing bass and guitar in bands and DJing, as well as a head full of ideas and influences, such as his love of jazz bass players, rhythm sections and film soundtracks. The debut album on the mighty Ninja label ‘Motion’ was voted “album of the year” by listeners to Gilles Peterson’s Radio One show. If ‘Motion’ reflected the cinematic aspect of TCO, their second album ‘Every Day’, brought out more of the orchestral side, too. In the last 6 years the Cinematics’ have played far and wide at every conceivable type of venue and on all kinds of occasion. They have shocked out from the Jazz Café to the Jazz Bop via Ronnie Scott’s, They even toured the North American Jazz Festival circuit in the back of a transit van, with the dates culminating in a prestigious support slot for John McLaughlin in Central Park, Ma Fleur the bands last studio album has shifted of 200,000 albums worldwide to date and the melancholic “To Build A Home” has become a modern day classic that really sums up the Cinematic Sound that fits with Late Night Tales series so well.
More Items From The Cinematic OrchestraSee all
- 1.Auntie's Harp - Flying Lotus
- 2.Three Hours - Nick Drake
- 3.You're Goin' Miss Your Candyman - Terry Callier
- 4.Behold The Day - Wayne Henderson
- 5.Aht Uh Mi Hed - Shuggie Otis
- 6.Black Swan - Thom Yorke
- 7.Restaurant - The Cinematic Orchestra
- 8.Electric Counterpoint - Steve Reich
- 9.JÃ³ga - Bjork
- 10.Cumulus - Imogen Heap
- 11.See Line Woman (See Line Woman Vocal) - Songstress
- 12.La Ritournelle - Sebastien Tellier
- 13.Dog Shelter - Burial
- 14.South American Getaway - Burt Bacharach
- 15.Talking About Freedom - The Cinematic Orchestra
- 16.The Happy Detective (Part 3) - Will Self
Cat no: ALNLP22
Label: Late Night Tales
Info correct on: 18/7/2017