Romance Is Boring (10th Anniversary)
Most recently dispatched: 27 July
The tenth anniversary edition of the third full length album from the epectacular indie-poppers Los Campesinos!
Los Campesinos! seemed so sure of themselves in the beginning. Hold On Now, Youngster… was the instantaneous Greatest Hits fronting as a debut; We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed the intentional evil twin. They carried themselves like critical favourites are expected to, with bulletproof taste and highly quotable interviews, studious enough with the canon to have a good laugh at its expense. By comparison, Romance is Boring appeared to be the quintessential third album identity crisis - significantly longer than what preceded it, bursting with ideas, delving into prog and emo and other places hip bands dared not tread in 2010.
But there was never any reason to question the band’s confidence. Two years after declaring “Death to Los Campesinos!”, Romance is Boring sacrificed short-term security for the bigger picture, reinvigorating the band for the next decade by daring to ask: who did they really think they are?
Customers Who Bought This Also Picked Up…
- 1.In Medias Res
- 2.There Are Listed Buildings
- 3.Romance Is Boring
- 4.We've Got Your Back (Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown #2)
- 5.Plan A
- 7.Straight In At 101
- 8.Who Fell Asleep In
- 9.I Warned You: Do Not Make An Enemy Of Me
- 10.Heart Swells/100-1
- 11.I Just Sighed. I Just Sighed, Just So You Know
- 12.A Heat Rash In The Shape Of The Show Me State; or, Letters From Me To Charlotte
- 13.The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future
- 14.This Is A Flag. There Is No Wind
- 15.Coda: A Burn Scar In The Shape Of The Sooner State
Item code: WEBB600LP
Label: Wichita Recordings
Info correct on: 19/2/2020