The Sophtware Slump ..... on a wooden piano
Most recently dispatched: 22 February
Indies exclusive LP is on 'cloudy clear' coloured vinyl.
The 2020 solo piano and vocal version of Grandaddy's classic 2000 album The Sophtware Slump
Jason Lytle set up a new plan when he decided to re-record the songs from Grandaddy’s “The Sophtware Slump.” Twenty years ago he made this ageless record while red-eyed and running around a sweltering slipshod home studio in his boxers using some gear he planned to return to Best Buy as soon as he was done. For this new, piano-centric “The Sophtware Slump,” Lytle traveled around Los Angeles, sourcing studios and pianos like a master chef selects foods from a farmer’s market. He identified three instruments and three studios that would suffice. Everything was in place.
As with many best-laid plans, his were scuttled. In this case by a pandemic. So two decades after making a DIY masterpiece, Lytle found himself recording those songs again, sweating in his apartment again, trying to create a controlled environment while surrounded by chaos.
“I wrote a list of things I had to work around here,” he says. “Traffic. Pretty strong from 8-10, commute times. Then 2 to 5. Helicopters, garbage trucks, weed whackers, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, motorcycles that inevitably always drive by during the middle of a take, sports cars, lots of fancy luxury sedans with no mufflers, parrots.”
More Items From GrandaddySee all
Customers Who Bought This Also Picked Up…
- 1.He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot (Piano Version)
- 2.Hewlett's Daughter (Piano Version)
- 3.Jed the Humanoid (Piano Version)
- 4.The Crystal Lake (Piano Version)
- 5.Chartsengrafs (Piano Version)
- 6.Underneath the Weeping Willow (Piano Version)
- 7.Broken Household Appliance National Forest (Piano Version)
- 8.Jed's Other Poem (Beautiful Ground) (Piano Version)
- 9.E. Knievel Interlude (The Perils of Keeping It Real) (Piano Version)
- 10.Miner at the Dial-a-View (Piano Version)
- 11.So You'll Aim Toward the Sky (Piano Version)
Item code: DGB2195
Label: Dangerbird Records
Info correct on: 24/9/2020