Most recently dispatched: 9 October
Third volume of this popular series, showcasing tracks & production from some of the founding fathers of house music.
There are few people across the globe, who will have not been touched by the work of Frankie Knuckles. Forever regarded as ‘The Godfather of House’ for his unrivalled contribution to the house music we know today; what started as an underground movement in Chicago has grown to international heights thanks to Frankie. His records earned him recognition on a global scale, allowing him to work with some of the globes biggest names including the likes of Diana Ross, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson.
Frankie passed away in Chicago on 31st March 2014 leaving behind one of the greatest house music legacies spanning almost four decades. Now he is commemorated by long time writing and production partner Eric Kupper. Eric, himself a seasoned DJ producer and writer, has worked on over 116 Billboard #1 Dance Records and played a pivotal role in many of Frankie’s productions. Having both worked together for many years they established themselves as ‘Director’s Cut’ from 2011 and set about producing original releases and remixes based on the classic ‘Def Mix’ sound while sharing equal credits for their creations.
Together they re-produced and re-purposed classic cuts for modern dancefloors, with reworks including tracks from Marshall Jefferson, Ashford & Simpson, Artful & Ridney and The Sunburst Band, alongside Frankie Knuckles originals. These releases have now been brought together by Eric to feature on special album called ‘The Directors Cut Collection’ on SoSure Music
For the third volume classic cuts such as Inaya Day & Robin S. - Right Now (A Director’s Cut Master) and Marko Militano - Good People (Director’s Cut Signature Mix) are nestled alongside equally absorbing Directors Cut mixes of Vintage Lounge Orchestra covering 'Dreams' and Art Department pres. Martina Topley Bird feat. Mark Lanegan & Warpaint covering 'Crystalised'.
The Director’s Cut Collection is a fitting tribute to commemorate the seventh anniversary of Frankie’s passing whilst giving Eric a platform to tell his side of the creative story. This album is to be released in collaboration with The Frankie Knuckles Foundation who work to continuing Frankie’s legacy well into the future.
More Items From Frankie Knuckles / Eric KupperSee all
Customers Who Bought This Also Picked Up…
- 1.Inaya Day & Robin S. - Right Now (A Director's Cut Master)
- 2.Director's Cut pres. Inaya Day & Duane Harden - Good Feelin (Frankie Knuckles & Eric Kupper Director's Cut Mix)
- 3.Peyton & Director's Cut - Beautiful (Original Mix)
- 4.Frankie Knuckles pres. Director's Cut starring Inaya Day - Let's Stay Home (Tony Humphries 'Work & Play Mix)
- 5.Dbow - Get Involved (Director's Cut Classic House Mix)
- 6.Marko Militano - Good People (Director's Cut Signature Mix)
- 7.Vintage Lounge Orchestra - Dreams (Director's Cut Classic Mix)
- 8.Art Department pres. Martina Topley Bird feat. Mark Lanegan & Warpaint – Crystalised (Director's Cut Signature Mix)
Item code: SSMDCLP1V3
Label: SoSure Music
Info correct on: 10/3/2021